Christmas Giveaway Competition
How will you decorate your table this Christmas?
For many people, Christmas is a time of socialising, sharing and enjoying the company of close family and friends. This means that feasting around a beautifully decorated table becomes a regular occurrence during the winter months. That’s why we’ve decided to launch our Christmas Table Traditions giveaway, to celebrate these cherished moments and the joy they bring families.
However, with so many options when it comes to table decorations, how do you make yours stand out? Here we share some of our favourite ways to make your table sparkle with special touches and dazzling themes.
For a lot of people, Christmas evokes images of festive pines, rich greens and vibrant reds, with snow-capped touches to finish everything off. Wherever you’re spending Christmas this year, a traditional table is a timeless addition. If you’ve decided to go for a traditional look when it comes to your table decorations then the options are endless, from flocked tablecloths and festive pine garlands to crystal glassware.
If you want to add a touch of glamour think about vintage gold details like burnished napkin rings and place settings for perfect glittering touches, while tall ivory candles give a warming glow – particularly when delicately draped with garlands of holly and ivy. Don’t forget the mistletoe!
The clean country lines of a Nordic style theme are becoming increasingly popular in the world of festive decorations, and it’s easy to see why. If your dining room features light wooden furniture then folksy touches such as linen-style runners and red and white painted decorations are a great way to inject an informal festive feel. You can even get the kids involved with making handpainted decorations or place settings in red and white hues for a bespoke touch to your table.
Spending Christmas in the country? This country chic look is the perfect way to welcome guests after a crisp Christmas wander through the woods. Experiment with rustic candle-based centrepieces atop red and white linens for a look that truly glows.
Glittering black and gold
If you’re spending Christmas in the city this year then a modern take on table decorations could make a fabulous statement. Black decorations with hints of glittering gold is a chic way to inject some festive spirit into your home in a totally modern way. Or, embrace the Art Deco feel and take inspiration from The Great Gatsby to give a vintage vibe to your Christmas table this year.
Glossy black centrepieces draped with glittering gold beads add drama to your table, with mirrored details helping to reflect the golden glow. Give festive favourites like pinecones and reindeers an update with a coat of gold paint, dotting them about your table display or using them as perfect little place settings.
Coastal icy inspiration
Christmas on the coast brings its own set of inspiration, with the crisp waters and muted natural colours giving a clean, fresh feel to the festivities. If you’re fortunate enough to be spending Christmas by the seaside this year then embrace this inspiration both inside and out. Icy blues with lashings of white is the perfect way to bring the feeling of the wintery British coast indoors, with crisp blue table runners and touches of silver sparkle adding a festive feel to this wintery colour palette.
Enhance your theme with coloured glassware for the table, and clean white crockery, with the silverware sparkling alongside. For a centrepiece pile gorgeous tonal blue and white baubles into a selection of glass vases and jars for a unique touch.
The Jersey Pottery Christmas Table Traditions Giveaway
This festive season we want to find out all about what Christmas means to you and your home. That’s why we’ve decided to launch our Christmas Table Traditions giveaway. We would love it if you sent us a photo of something that makes an appearance on your Christmas table year after year, whether it’s a lovely serving plate fit for a golden turkey or a vase that’s been in your family for generations. The prize is a six place (three piece) setting of our beautiful Faunus collection of pottery.
To enter our Christmas Table Traditions giveaway, send us your photo along with a short explanation of why it’s so special to you to email@example.com. The giveaway opens on 20th November 2015 and closes on 18th December 2015. The winning entry will be selected by Jersey Pottery’s Design Director. We can’t wait to see all of your beautiful entries.
Jersey Pottery Giveaway T&Cs
- Jersey Pottery ‘Christmas Table Traditions’ giveaway (the Giveaway) is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of the Promoter, Sleeping Giant Media, their immediate families or anyone professionally connected to the Giveaway.
- The Giveaway will run from 12:00hrs GMT on Friday 20th November 2015 to 12:00hrs GMT on Friday 18th December 2015 (inclusive).
- To enter the Giveaway, entrants must send a photo of a Christmas table tradition, along with a short explanation of why it is important to them, using the contact details above. Entrants must follow these steps in order to be eligible to enter.
- One (1) winner will be selected from all valid nominations.
- The potential winner will be notified ASAP after the relevant closing date via email.
- The prize will be a six place setting collection of Faunus ceramics from Jersey Pottery (18 pieces). There is no cash alternative.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the award of the prize in the event of the non-compliance by any winner with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The Promoter and the Promoter’s Administrator accept no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost or delayed via technical problems. Proof of sending does not constitute proof of receipt.
- The Promoter shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to it in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the Giveaway, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your Giveaway entry and future marketing emails.
- Entry is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Promoter: Jersey Pottery Ltd, St Helier, Jersey, JE1 5JP